Friday 9 April 2010

Pointers on the feeling of I am

Here are some pointers I've summarised to questions I've been asking john wheeler. Some are my own pointers too.
What is the sense or feeling of 'I am'? You can't be that feeling, because You are aware of it. Also, since the feeling of I am comes and goes, you cannot be it or you'd be disappearing and reappearing all the time.

You have no location. The sense of being in your body is a concept that arises in You. Where is Awareness located? Is it not everywhere? ALL experience is in and as Awareness. There's no I in Awareness. The sense of being an observer and the sense of observed are both experiences in the non-conceptual Awareness that you are.

The sense of I am does not disappear. However, the sense of identity with that concept gets annihilated.

As I sit here I become aware of the thought feeling 'I am'. I'm not trying to get rid of it. I look at the sense with love and warmth. I notice the desire for some future freedom and let it go knowing that there is only now. There is still a hope for a future freedom, I notice. So I see that I am awareness and always have been and always will be. I connect with that. I recall that awareness is impersonal and let it operate effortlessly.

Any effort to try and eliminate the centre perpetuates it. Anything I do is by the centre. So there is nothing I can do about it. That's freedom right there.

Let go of all effort to be realised and enjoy the show of awareness.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment